Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pottery

I've been taking a pottery class for several weeks now. We've only got two classes left until the next session starts up in the fall. And I'll probably sign up for that class too because I just feel like I'm kind of getting the hang of it.

I love being able to think, "I want to make a really big pitcher" and then a couple hours later, I've made a really big pitcher. Of course it takes a while for the firing and the glazing, etc. etc. but the basic thing is there, and that makes me happy.

Last night I picked up my first finished piece. It's a teeny little bowl. I started with braiding some long straight pieces of clay, then made a scalloped design on top of that, and then finished it off with all these handmade buttons. I was in a bit of a hurry to finish painting on the color last week so I could finish it up before class was finished... hence the sloppy paint job. But do you love the bowl? I do.


Here's a picture of the inside. That little button is not attached; it's a happy accident, in my opinion.

1 comment:

The Hagens said...

i DO love it. Only prob is how are you going to send it to me without it breaking? :)