Monday, August 16, 2010

The Magical Disappearing Weekend

This is a pretty common Friday occurrence. "Hey Steph. You look really lovely today. Cute dress. What are you going to do this weekend?" "Oh thanks, I got it on sale. Tons of stuff! I'm going to clean and go grocery shopping and build a birdhouse and finish my laundry and learn to play ukulele and take my husband to a movie and pen my memoirs...." as I walk teetering into the sunset.

And this is Monday, “Hey Steph. What’d you do this weekend?” “Oh... you know. Went out to eat every meal with my neighbors, watched movies on TV, took 4 naps…” as I smile uncomfortably, hoping they don’t remember my Friday plans.

I did sort of clean the bedroom. And I sort of did a lot of laundry. And I did get a couple of things from the grocery store.

Don't believe a word I say on Fridays.

1 comment:

angie said...

Naps. What are those? Ah yes, i faintly remember now. lol