Friday, July 30, 2010

(Re)Decorating

Before "Craftacular" I bought, found, or had plans to repurpose all the items necessary to redecorate my living room, dining room, kitchen, and bedroom. I am an artist. I have unreasonably lofty goals. I make decisions on a whim with no strategy of accomplishing end results. I know this about myself, and am taking steps now and then to finding sanity. I've got enough fabric for about 12 pillows. I have a beautiful and soft Thomas O'Brien duvet that I found on Target's after-Christmas clearance for $32 (the most expensive item purchased.) I have a set of five mostly finished paintings and supplies for three more. I have picture frames, ideas for accessories and homemade light fixtures, and I've yet to use any of it, with the exception of the duvet. Which I opened immediately upon arrival at the house and made my bed for the first time in years. YEARS. Because that's how beautiful the duvet is. That was in January.


Last night, my friend Amanda and I were helping the famous Ms. Lillian reorganize and purge in her master bedroom. Which honestly, ended up being more talking and fun for me than work, sorry Lil and Amanda... and she, so graciously, put up with my redecorating urges. I had a flood of ideas like artist vomit and am already way excited about finding textures and colors and getting to work on a painting. I cannot wait to get this itch satiated.

I get the redecorating bug a few times a year, normally at the change of seasons, but I am stuck in my own house. I have the stuff, I have the idea, I have the time... I just can't find the motivation to get started sewing pillows or packing up the old decor. Any motivational tips for me?

No comments: