Wednesday, September 8, 2010

#37

Ryman Auditorium is called the Mother Church of Country Music. It's a beautiful venue with amazing history and charm.

I went.
After moving to Nashville, seeing a concert at the Ryman seemed necessary. You're not a true Nashvillian if you've never been to the Ryman. I added it to my Project Life List (#37), and got to check it off this weekend.
Not only did I visit the Ryman, but I saw the Grand Ole Opry there. Amazing. You should know that I'm a sold-out fan. I grew up around country music, bluegrass, and folk and still can't get enough of it. There's something else you should know about me. I like to force an experience to its absolute peak. That sometimes means wearing an old fashion brown and cream dress and vintagy red flats because it "goes" with the theme of the event. And it sometimes means walking around downtown Nashville taking as many pictures as I can so I can soak up the richness of the place.
I saw Jean Shepard sing "The Tennessee Waltz" at the Ryman Auditorium. I sang along with Holly Williams, daughter of Hank Williams, Jr. and granddaughter of Hank Williams, singing "I Saw the Light" at the Grand Ole Opry. I fell in love with The Steeldrivers and laughed at the creepy jokes Little Jimmy Dickens told.
A big fat thanks to Dave's aunt for getting the tickets for us. It was an awesome experience. It was a perfect evening.

1 comment:

The Hagens said...

so glad u guys had a good wkend! wish we could have joined u! :)