Thursday, September 23, 2010

Time Hog

I'm working on a project right now that is 1) oh so fun and 2) a super duper time time hog.

All of the moments in my day that aren't already filled up... you know, those 8 minutes between getting home and changing clothes to leave the house again. THOSE 8 minutes per day are completely devoted to making a coloring book for a very sweet 6 year old and her upcoming birthday party.

I really forgot how much I love drawing. I mean, I doodle. All the time. Everything in my office has a doodle on it somewhere. But drawing drawing. Spending time getting faces and arms and birthday cakes just right. Today, I have roughly half of the sketches finished. And from there we do the tracing and digitizing and printing, etc.

Here's the first sketch for the book. I'm in love with it. And if you know Sadie... I hope you love her outfit the way I do.

Even though it's time consuming, I can't imagine something I'd rather spend my time on.