Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Souper!

I’m feeling pretty hungry this morning. I suppose I’m not back on track after all the holiday pigging out, and my body expects to still be overfull. Because of this, I have been inspired to share two of my favorite soup recipes with you all. I created both of these recipes earlier this fall, and cannot get enough of them! Feel free to share the recipe with all your friends and family.

Tortilla Soup
· 1 large can cream of chicken soup
· 1 large box chicken stock
· 1 can water
· 2 bouillon cube
· about 3/4 of a jar of your favorite salsa
· ½ bag taco seasoning
· 2 tsp chili powder
· cayenne to taste (we like it really hot, so we use about ¾ tbsp)
· ½ tbsp minced garlic
· ½ tbsp onion powder
· 2 tsp cilantro
· salt and pepper to taste

Cook all of those ingredients to boiling and let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes

Top it all off with:
· cooked shredded chicken
· sour cream
· Mexican cheese (I use shredded Mexican blend and crumbled queso fresco)
· tortilla chips


Chicken Wild Rice Soup
1 large can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken stock
1 can water
1 bouillon cube
½ tbsp onion powder
cubed chicken
salt and pepper to taste

Simmer for 20-30 minutes (add rice and mushrooms just before serving)

Make one box of Zatarain’s wild rice mix according to the directions on the box

Sauté sliced mushrooms on the stove with butter, minced garlic, salt and pepper


Enjoy!

No comments: