Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sitting Still

There's something so peaceful inside all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, for me. I'm not sure if it's the sense of togetherness or maybe just nostalgia, but I always feel a very satisfying sense of calm around this time of year. People are rushing to get gifts purchased and packaged, the decorations out, the cards addressed, and traveling arrangements made. But, there’s a beautiful balance between being excited about the holiday, and being calm in the midst of the stirring of the season. I’m hopeful this year that I can perch myself in that balance in spite of the schedule and number of projects I have going. That may mean that I have to make an extra effort to just sit and be still. So this evening, after I take a trip to the craft supply store, the grocery store, and get a new project started, I’m going to sit still. Here’s hoping you have time this holiday season to sit as well!

No comments: