Thursday, December 4, 2008

Not This Door

This week I’m learning. I’m not sure what I’m learning yet, but I know there’s a lesson in here somewhere. Dave was half-offered a job earlier this week, and as I was getting my hopes up about that opportunity, God closed that door. More frustrating than Dave not having a job is the fact that we’re not sure where God wants us. It seems that when we get our hopes up about an open door, it quickly shuts ahead of us. I know that God’s plans for my life are great, and they will be the best plans for me. But I worry that I’m not seeing His plans because I’m too focused on my own plans. Monday is another meeting for Dave regarding a possible job opportunity. I’m hopeful that although the position wouldn’t be his dream job, that it would provide an excellent stepping stone to a career that he is passionate about.

As for me, I’m still plugging away. Waiting to find the door that remains open. Waiting to find the passions that God has placed in my heart. Waiting to finally feel the patience that I’m being taught.

No comments: