Monday, November 15, 2010

A New Twist on Christmas Crafting

Every year but one since we've been married I have decided to make all my Christmas gifts. I spend a great deal of time and effort making things. I call it Stephanie's Christmas Workshop normally, and it's very festive and fun and I really do love making things for people. I really really love it. But this year I think I decided to not make my gifts.

I KNOW! It's hard to believe.

But what I AM doing this year, is crafting all sorts of lovely handmade Christmas decorations. I have ideas for ornaments, little table decorations, fun garland additions, etc. etc. etc. and I've never had the time to make any of them because I'm busy making gifts. I've finished a handful of ornaments already that I'm super excited about showing to you. So this year, I'm opting for store bought gifts and homemade decor. I'm unnervingly excited about it. (Though... shoot... I just realized that the only gift I've purchased so far is for my lovely mama. But also I made something for her a couple months ago that I forgot about. Well, mama, looks like you get two gifts this year!)
And before you all get your panties in a wad because it's ONLY NOVEMBER 15th and I'm skipping Thanksgiving and corporate America is the devil for trying to jump from holiday to holiday and the world is coming to an end because someone mentioned Christmas before November 26th, let me say this: It takes a long time to make as many decorations as I've got floating in my head. I need a whole month. Ok? Fine.

So here's my round-up of inspiration and things I plan to make. Sources for the ideas are below each picture. Also... all the Christmas decorations I bought on clearance last January are brown, gray, white, red, and a little dark green. Very traditional looking. I'm planning to stick to that color scheme.

Source

I want SO MUCH to hang that red coat and that little deer on my tree. Aren't they the cutest?





Source



1 comment:

lillian said...

eh. i mean, those things are ok...
;)