Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Let's Do This Thang

Do you know what's weird? I love cooking. I generally enjoy grocery shopping. I like eating meals I have just cooked, and I really like making food for other people to enjoy too. But I've fallen out of those habits for some weird reason. Busyness, sure. Laziness, yes. Who knows what else. Once upon a time I decided I would go without TV for 10 days. It was a smashing success and I'll do that again sometime. And after a few "you've got to control yourself, woman!" pep-talks from myself and a few "you really shouldn't be eating that" comments from Dave to which I replied with a head turned around backward and turning my eyeballs green, I decided to try that with eating out. I keep asking him to help me with this and then being not-so-kind when he tries to help. What's up with that? So, I decided yesterday that I was in serious need of an eating-out fast. I put the word out there into the "universe" also known as twitter and Lillian B. was on board. We then asked our friend Amanda and SHE was on board. So now, here we are. 3 families in the neighborhood deciding to do an eating-out fast for two whole weeks. Hold on a second. TWO WHOLE WEEKS! (that's better.) Do you know what? I think you should do it too! It will save you money, it will be a great way for your family to be together, it will be healthier, and it will be a grand adventure. If you're up for the challenge, leave a comment on this post. If you have a blog and will be documenting the challenge at all, leave the link and I'll post them later on. I love a good group effort. So, who's with me?

1 comment:

c3 said...

Our church just started a corporate Daniel Fast so while we still might eat out some, all we can eat is basically fruits, veggies, whole grains, and water. It is going to be terribly hard for me considering probably 50% of my diet is cheese, meat, and bread but I know it will be good for me in a number of ways. It has already been pretty difficult (Saturday night was our last "real" meal) but it has really forced me to get creative in the kitchen. I am so excited for you and your friends too! Let me know if you figure out any fun new recipes that I might be able to use! :)