Friday, December 17, 2010

I Don't Even Know Anymore

It seems that December is the month in which I don't update my blog very much. Thanks for pointing that out, UNCLE LONNIE. Really though, where have I been? Well I've been sick, I've been snowed in, I've been doing a little shopping, I've been trying to catch up at work, I've been working on a handful of custom art projects, I've been planning a new non-profit organization, I've been wasting far too much time watching terrible Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas movies. I've not been getting groceries, cleaning my house, doing any sort of laundry, wrapping gifts, or blogging. Obviously.

The super good news is that Christmas is almost here and my next 10 days are JAMMED full of festivities and wonder. The bad news is my brain has ceased to work. I start to tell stories and realize halfway through that they've got no purpose. Someone answers the question that I ask them and I say, "what?" Because I've forgotten that I asked a question in the first place.... just 2 seconds prior. I carry things from one room to the other for no apparent reason and have to walk them back to where they came because why on earth am I holding this spatula in the living room? Is there a reason for this? I guess I'll put it back in the kitchen. And then two days later I realize that there's a spider web hanging from the ceiling that I can't reach and I think, "what could I use to reach this web? Maybe something with a long handle that's flat on one side and could also flip over a fried egg..."

It's just a little ridiculous, you know?

So, that's my December in a nutshell. What about you? Do you have crazy Christmas brain yet?

No comments: