Friday, October 15, 2010

My New Favorite Things

Today I'm feeling a short and sweet blog post. Friday Favorites. Just a list of a few of my new favorite things.

1. Quirky nail polish colors. I am a whole-hearted lover of all colors, but when it comes to nail polish I'm normally a pink-only gal. This new color on my fingertips thing is really growing on me, though.
2. Something In the Water by Brooke Fraser. The song is catchy, the video is cute. How can you go wrong?

3. This amazing little boat automata found on Etsy.
4. The smell of the heater kicking on again this fall. Am I the only person who loves the smell of newly revived heater?

5. This post on twitter from my hilarious husband:
If it's true that beards are hip and my clothes aren't, then I'm only a hipster naked. Don't picture that. Sorry if I cause a brother to stumble.

6. The fact that my little sister, Christina, is up to #4 (as I type this) in a battle of the bands with over 500 other bands. She's super duper talented, and totally deserves every single vote. (VOTE FOR HER HERE!)

7. Seriously every single thing in this shop. But especially this print.

8. The words of encouragement I've received over the past couple of weeks. I've had the teensiest little struggle with feeling like I have a purpose. But, I have been flooded, flooded, with kind words about this little blog space and my artwork. Thanks, to those of you who were a part of that. I want to hug you.

9. Knowing that I'm going to the pumpkin patch this weekend, which is one of my very favorite places to be. THE PUMPKIN PATCH, Y'ALL!

10. This quote by E.B. White: “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”

Have a great weekend! Enjoying the world or making it better.

No comments: