Friday, April 1, 2011

Mom

Today is my mom's birthday. She's a beautiful woman, inside and out. She is now the mother to 6 - if you include children's spouses, WHICH WE DO! And if you count all of our friends who call her mom and have been truly impacted by her generosity, her willingness to put others before herself, and her bulldog attitute that will show up in a flash if someone is hurting one of her "kids" then it's definitely more than 6. A lot more.



She is all kinds of awesome. For example, one time I was at a friends house spending the night, and my friend decided she was going to watch Beavis and Butthead AND Interview with a Vampire. No amount of me saying, "I'm not allowed to watch that" would stop her. One call to my mama, and she was there to rescue me from what I thought was the television equivalent to getting a tattoo and smoking a cigarette.


Happy Birthday to a wonderful, wonderful mama who will do anything to show love to her children. Children you birthed, and "children" who chose you. I love you, mama!

1 comment:

Fash Boulevard said...

What a wonderful birthday shout out. beautifully written. Beyond glad I discovered your blog. I'm absolutely following now, I hope you will to. I started my blog four weeks ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see my picks for Fash Fave and Fash Fail of the week. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com