Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A little of this...a little of that

Today, I have a hodge-podge of things I want to share. Please just appease me in my randomness.


The first thing is health related - (and it's the last health thing for a while, I promise). And it's also good news! I got some blood work back this week from my doctor's office. It was another cholesterol check, and the results were good. Not great, but good. For those of you, like myself before February of 2008, who know nothing about cholesterol - I will put it this way... desirable cholesterol levels are 200 and lower. From "desirable" to "very high" is only 40 points. My cholesterol level was 304 - which is 104 points above desirable (if just 40 points difference is good to bad, then think what 104 points difference is!). Yikes, right? Well, I have gone from 304 down to 221! It took me about a year and a half, not bad. I'm still in the "borderline high" category, but I'm at least low enough now that I don't have to go on medication, which is great news.



The second tidbit is also exciting, though a bit vague. Today I have an opportunity that may flourish into something fun for me. I've been talking with a woman from church about the possibility of becoming the nanny for her little one that's due in December. The details are still not hashed out yet, and it may not work out in the long run. But I am indeed excited about the possibility. For those of you out there who are the praying type - please send one up for me. I've been doing a lot of it in the past few months, and, well, I'm just very hopeful.



And to keep with the theme of random objects with no relation - here is a picture from my current favorite website to brighten your day.



1 comment:

Robyn said...

Keep us informed on the nanny position. That sounds like a great opportunity for you!