Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Texture, Patterns, and Color

I don't have anything insightful to say today. The wind and storms have just kicked in around downtown Nashville, so the sky is dark and things are pretty quiet. It's just a normal day at work - my stack of things to do is pretty minimal, I can hear the chatter of those who cannot live without speaker phone, the elevator dinging every 2 minutes, and the squeak of too old office chairs. So, what am I doing with my time? Besides taking the phone calls coming in and out - I am making outfits based on room decor. "What?", you may ask. Well...here is an example.




This room is from the Design*Sponge website. So moody, so feminine, so sleek. Anyway...after cleaning up my drool, I made an outfit on Polyvore to mimic the fun vibe from the room. The gorgeous light fixture above the window bench inspired the necklace, the dark gray-teal of the walls inspired the shoes, etc. If you've ever seen the show "Dress My Nest" on the style network, it's kind of the same thing - but backwards. I think I have many more of these up my sleeve. But maybe not on days that I'm supposed to be working.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'll have you design my clothes, but for now, will have to upgrade my rooms!

Mom H.