Monday, June 29, 2009

Fiesta

In the 4 years that Dave and I have been married, we've gone the last two and a half without a kitchen table. We do a lot of coffee table dinners. When we went home for vacation last month, we were able to pick up our table and bring it to the new house! I was thrilled, and decided to celebrate with a big Mexican fiesta - all homemade!


The menu:
Fish Tacos
Guacamole
Mango Salsa
Cilantro Lime Rice
and a Key-Limeish dessert thing (only kind of homemade, because I improvised with the recipe on the box)

Here's the recipe for my guacamole:
3 avocados
1 tbsp of minced garlic (I love garlic, so I use quite a bit)
about 2 tsp of cilantro (this is for dried, use less if your cilantro is fresh)
about a tsp each of garlic salt and onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
a sprinkle of cayenne pepper
zest and juice of one lime
Mix it all up and enjoy! You can also add chopped tomatoes and onions, if you like that kind of thing - but I prefer it without.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok-you can cook at the next family get together-looks so yummy!