Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm a Real Artist!

I have sold my first painting! I ended up losing 6 cents on it, but who's counting? (Shipping and packaging is apparently a total racket!) While "talking up" my sale yesterday, I was able to hand out a few business cards as well - which resulted in selling two more paintings! These two will be custom, so I'm pretty excited about that. I don’t quite feel like a fake when I say that I’m an artist now…which is also pretty exciting.

Although art has always been a hobby of mine, I kind of lost all desire to paint and create for a couple years (coincidentally…or perhaps not so coincidentally… the two years that I was an art and design major in college) and I’m feeling such a relief now that that part of my life is back. Creative outlets are so therapeutic for me. I can just sit and turn my brain off while I’m painting or drawing and ignore life outside my apartment for awhile. Not to say life isn’t worth paying attention to, but sometimes it’s best to get away from it for a bit.

2 comments:

The Hagens said...

woo hoo! congrats on your first (of many) sale! see you in a couple months. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey-I'm so proud of you! And to think I have one of your original creations right in my living room! Can't wait to see you do lots more!

Love you!
Mom H.