Thursday, March 12, 2009

Express

Our church has an arts festival every year called “Express”. Artists, musicians, and writers can all be involved, and it’s a great way to meet new people in the church. This year, since this is the year of “putting myself out there”, I submitted a request to be one of the artists at the festival. I have to get my artwork checked out by the team of people reviewing the submissions and then create like crazy in the next few weeks to have enough stuff to fill my booth if I’m selected. I’m really excited about the idea; I’m just beginning to get confidence in what I’m doing and I can’t wait to test it all out on a live audience. Here is the most recent painting I did. It's a mini-set of 9. Each canvas is 4"x 5". I think I'm going to use this as one of the samples I bring in to the church to be reviewed. I’d love to hear feedback from all of you, as well. Any favorites of mine that you think I should bring in? Any comments are helpful and welcome!




No comments: