Monday, January 5, 2009

Finally, some pictures.

The elusive Christmas photos are here! Although I didn't get a picture of every gift I made, I did get most of my favorites in there. I’ve got to admit, after working so hard on all those projects, I’m a bit sad to see them go. The good news is that I finished another project that has been sitting around my house for a few months. I’m really excited about the end result – better than I thought it would turn out. I’ll try to post those pictures tomorrow. For now…here are the gifts I made.

This old set of shutters turned into a picture frame for Dave's parents.


I made a coloring pack for Allister. It's a little fold up carrying case with crayons, coloring book, note pad, and pencils. As he was opening his gift he said, "I really like this!...What is this?"

Christina modeling the purse I made for her.


Emily's bag. The blob on the bottom left corner of the bag is supposed to be a bird on a limb.

This was the biggest undertaking of all the gifts...a quilt for my mom.

Finishing all of these projects was absolutely stressful at times, but I am so glad that I did them. I think handmade usually means heartfelt, and giving someone a heartfelt gift is quite rewarding.

No comments: