Friday, January 23, 2009

Am I stifled or am I lazy?

I have been thinking about this question quite a bit lately. January has been an incredibly busy month at work and I’m feeling it. I’ve been dreading the day to day stuff, and it leaves me wondering - was I created for something totally different? Is my mind suited for something freer, am I feeling a hole that’s not being filled by what I’m doing now…or am I just being lazy? It’s totally possible that this desk that I’m sitting at right this moment is where God wants me for the next 40 years, and that He will change my heart to desire that. I pray that God’s plan for my life will be my plan for my life, but how do I know if I’m getting it right? When does the burning bush show up and say, “You got it. Keep it up; you’re on the right track.” or even “whoa…you’re way off.” How do you know if the desire is God or flesh?

“Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future. Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand. What is desired in a man is steadfast love…” Proverbs 19: 20-22

No comments: