Monday, November 24, 2008

Flea Market

Yesterday was a fun-filled day at the Flea Market. I am a newcomer to the whole scene, but I’ve got to admit, I may quickly become a junkie. Doorknobs, vintage books, handmade scarves, anything you could imagine, really…it’s all there waiting to be found and turned into something wonderful. An old set of shutters for example, will quickly be turned into one of the many Christmas gifts I am making this year. There’s something so fulfilling about scavenging through piles of old keys and clip-on earrings to find exactly what you’re looking for. We wandered around for an hour or so, bundled up in our winter coats, making our ways through the junk vendors to the quality booths. I’m still looking for that perfect vintage copy of the Bell Jar, though. I’ve got my fingers crossed.

No comments: