Monday, November 30, 2009

Givin' Thanks

Here's the crew after Thanksgiving dinner. Top left is Jonathan and heading clockwise, Emily, Dave, me, Trysta, Steve, and Christina. Right in the middle is mom and dad, Brian and Regina.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Here are a few things I'm especially thankful for this Thanksgiving:

1. The support I've had for my artwork from all directions. This year marked my first attempt to sell artwork, my first art show (besides high school), and my first sale. I couldn't be more proud of myself for venturing out finally to try these things. I so appreciate the encouragement and love I've received from you all for these ventures.

2. New friends. I joke about divorcing my friends this time of year, because I have way too many Christmas gifts to make now that my list of close friends and family is growing. But in all honesty, even if I go broke from it all it was worth it. In the past few months I've made some friends that I know I'll always have. I've never in my life had such an awesome group of friends, and I am beyond thankful for their special place in my life.

3. Old friends. You too! I'm glad you are still putting up with me.

4. A job. I don't know if you've noticed this, but I tend to grumble about my job. I AM thankful that I've got a job, that my coworkers are loving, generous people, that I can rely on a paycheck twice a month, and that what we do here is a good, good thing.

5. Family. It seems obvious, I suppose, but I am seriously thankful for my family. I've been given a great husband. You know that. I've also got some amazing friends built right in - my big brothers, Jason and the Steves (which sounds like a good band name to me.) Big sisters, Chris, Jen, and Trysta who are all so cool and talented. Little sisters, Emily and Christina around whom my whole world turns. And the newest addition of a.. sort of, I guess... little brother? Jonathan, I don't know if you're comfortable with that yet or not, but it doesn't even matter because you're in the family picture this year and we love you for all kind of reasons, but especially because you make The Bean happy. And of course, Dave and I have been blessed beyond measure with two of the best sets of parents ever. Really. Ever. They're stellar.

No comments: