Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Illustrations

Since I am one of the typical "looking for my life's passion" women in her twenties, I have persued many avenues. Maybe persued is not the correct word. Maybe...showed slight interest in is more accurate. I have quite the tendency to get fired up about something right at first and then slowly lose interest completely. One of the many things I have wanted to be passionate about in the past was illustrations. I've always loved to write children's books, and I love art, so why not write and illustrate children's books? Sounds like the perfect relationship, but in reality my love for illustrations is having an affair with my inability to stick with something. It's a disasterous relationship, to say the least. Here are a few examples of stories I have started and not finished.

This was from a story I was writing about a girl who's constantly getting in trouble.

This story was never actually written, but I like the illustration.

This was a story about a girl who loves shoes (about a real girl) and pretends to be different people based on the pair of shoes she's wearing.

And this one is about a girl trying to decide what she wants to be when she grows up. Fitting?

No comments: