Thursday, November 20, 2008

Welcome

First of all, thank you for checking out my blog. This is a new venture for me that I am excited about but also a bit nervous about. I am nervous for a few reasons- one being that my stick-to-it-iveness is not always one of my strong points, but more because I am not one to be transparent. I want this blog to be a place where I can be honest and open about all of the little things and the big things. One of those big things is my faith. Although I don't want to use this blog to preach, my faith is very important to me. I hope that through all things my faith shines. The name "rest on me" was birthed from faith and learning. It is from 2 Corinthians 12:9 - a powerful verse for me, and I hope that the comfort I've felt in these words can be passed in one way or another on to you. For my first post, I will leave you with these words (emphasis my own)-

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: